Channel your inner Italian nonna and learn how to cook (and bake) like Piza ē Vino’s Matteo.
• 1.1L water
• 12g wet yeast or 6g dry yeast
• 30ml olive oil
• 2kg flour
• 55g salt, fine
1. Place the water, yeast and olive oil in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Add the flour and salt, and roughly mix for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. This mix can be kept in the fridge for up to a week. Take some of the fresh dough and separate the
amount you wish to use for the day. Finish kneading by hand until smooth.
4. Place the dough in a bowl covered with cling film and rest at room temperature for several hours
until the dough doubles in size.
5. Once the dough has risen, divide into the desired parts.
Baking method for pizza:
1. Preheat your oven to 260°C. If your oven cannot reach this temperature, preheat to the maximum.
2. On a floured surface, press your fingers into the middle of the dough ball to flatten it and stretch the
dough from the inside outward, leaving a crust on the outside.
3. Top with our pizza sauce recipe, grated mozzarella and whichever toppings you desire.
4. Bake until golden brown.
Baking method for bread:
1. Preheat your oven to 230°C
2. Have fun with different shapes and sizes of bread.
3. Let rise for two hours and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
This pizza dough makes great breadsticks! Cut off a golf ball-sized piece of dough and roll between your palms into a long string. Place these on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and cover with a damp cloth to prove for 30 minutes. Brush with olive oil and dust with grated Parmesan and dried oregano and bake for 10 minutes at 210°C for a delicious snack served with Marinara sauce!
Piza ē Vino Melrose Arch is open for delivery and takeaways and can be contacted on 011 684 2730.